The second largest amount of funding was allocated to the Operational Programme Smart Growth. Strategic objective of this project is to increase economic competitiveness through innovation and cooperation between business and science. Approximately EUR 8.6 billion were allocated for its implementation from the European funds. Programme addresses to enterprises (in particular SMEs), consortia of enterprises and research units, business environment institutions and research units.
- Support for R&D activity of enterprises ( EUR 3,85 billion)
- Support for the environment and capacity of enterprise for R&D&I activity (EUR 1,04 billion)
- Support for innovation in enterprises (EUR 2,2 billion)
- Increasing the research potential (EUR 1,2 billion)
- Technical support ( 0,29 EUR billion)
Method of financing depends mainly on the type of and the specific nature of the project.